Procedure for receiving complaints in connection with the LCOP
Here is the procedure for receiving and examining complaints provided for in section 21.0.3 of the Act Respecting Contracting by Public Bodies (LCOP).
Legal notice concerning the transmission of grades by educational institutions
SRAM has signed memoranda of understanding with the school service centres, school boards and schools within its catchment area regarding the transmission of the current year's report cards for the purpose of college admission.
The Memorandum of Understanding states that the information provided to SRAM by educational institutions is as follows:
- school/organization code
- student’s permanent code
- code for each course completed in Secondary 5
- student grade for each course
- group average
The following obligations are included as part of the Memorandum of Understanding:
- Each party acknowledges the confidentiality of the information provided by the schools.
- The Service régional d’admission agrees to take the necessary measures to protect the confidentiality of the information transmitted by the school, at the technological, material and organizational levels.
- At the start of every academic year, the school undertakes to inform all Secondary 5 students when their academic results are transmitted to CEGEPs, via the Service régional d'admission, for possible admission to a member CEGEP.
- At the start of every academic year, the Service régional d'admission agrees to post on its Web site the agreement entered into between CEGEPs and the school regarding the transmission of academic results by the school and to provide the text of the agreement upon request.
The Commission d'accès à l'information rendered a favourable opinion on February 23, 2005. A notice regarding this favourable opinion was posted on the Web site of the Commission d'accès à l'information du Québec in September 2005.